Join Us As we Build Momentum for the Historic DC Statehood Hearing
Thursday, September 12, 2019
- Veterans for DC Statehood Education Day
- House of Representatives
- 9:00AM - 1:00PM
- Congressional Black Caucus DC Statehood Brainstrust hosted by Congresswoman Eleanor Holmes Norton
- Walter Walshington Convention Center, Room 209A
- 1:30PM - 3:00PM
- Washington Leadership Reception
- The Park at 14th - 920 14th Street NW
- 5:00PM - 7:00PM
Friday, September 13, 2019
- Facebook Live Takeover
- Join Senior Advisor Perry, DC Vote and Students for DC Statehood as we discuss DC's path to statehood and answers to some common community questions.
Monday, September 16, 2019
- 51 Star Flag Salute to DC Statehood
- John A Wilson Building, 1350 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
- 11:00AM - 12:00PM
- Mayor Bowser Presents the 51st Festivities
- Busboys and Poets, 2029 Martin Luther King Junior Avenue SE
- 6:30PM - 9:30PM
Act Now: Urge Congress to Support Statehood for Washington, DC
Our renewed quest for DC Statehood is off to a good start, but there is still more work to be done. The fight for DC Statehood has to be a collective effort. We must maximize our power in numbers, which includes inviting our family and friends to take action and send letters to Congress in support of voting representation for the residents of Washington, DC. Your action will bring attention to this voting injustice, providing the additional ammunition needed to help us secure a vote in Congress. Our friends and family across the country can work as allies by informing their own Congressional delegation of the injustices facing Washington, DC residents.
If you are a DC resident, please pass along the attached letter to your family and friends for them to send to their Congressional delegation. If you have Congressional representation, please use these sample letters yourself and pass them along to your neighbors to gain their support. Find a sample letter you can send here.
If you are not a DC resident, you can find and message your Congressional Representatives here.
Register your support!
To join our statehood efforts and stay up to date with our current initiatives, please fill out our registration form.
This effort is sponsored by the New Columbia Statehood Commission to provide an avenue for the people of Washington, DC to express their wishes on votes in the Congress of the United States.